The UCC meeting was rescheduled from last week to Monday, Feb 20 from 6-8pm at the Veterans Memorial Hall on Buckhorn Ridge Road in Pioneer. You will see from the attached agenda (below) that the primary topic of discussion for this meeting was wildlife management presented by our guest speaker from the State Department of Fish and Game, Liz Gregory. It was a very interesting and informative discussion by an expert whose job it is to protect and care for our precious wildlife, so please plan to attend. There were also continuing discussions about how to draw in businesses in the Buckhorn Community to craft a vision of what the community wants the proposed Buckhorn Town Center to look like. Don't hesitate to contact myself, or Vice Chair Sherry Curtis at 295-6404.
- Announcements—5 minutes
- County Update- Supervisor District 3, Ted Novelli—5 minutes
- Upcountry Wildlife Protections and Laws---Liz Gregory, Department of Fish and Game—45 minutes
- Further Discussion of Buckhorn Town Center in County General Plan---How to get businesses involved---Rich Farrington---25 minutes
- Update on Upcountry Transportation Issues---Gary Reinoehl---10 minute
- Update on Amador County Recreation Agency—Debbie Dunn—5 minutes
- Other Items of discussion and future agenda items—5 minutes
All timeframes on this agenda include speakers allowing time for questions and answers
ALL ITEMS ON THIS AGENDA MAY RESULT IN A CONSENSUS OPINION FROM UCC
ALL UCC MEETINGS ARE RECORDED
CANCELLED MEETINGS - THE JACKSON PLANNING COMMISSION has canceled its regularly scheduled meeting of Tuesday, February 21, 2012. The Planning Commission will meet at its next regularly scheduled meeting of Monday, March 19, 2012.
THE AMADOR REGIONAL SANITATION AUTHORITY BOARD MEETING scheduled for Wednesday, February 22, 2012 Has Been Cancelled The next regular meeting of the ARSA Board will be held on: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 10:00 A.M. at the Sutter Creek Community Building, 33 Church Street, Sutter Creek, CA
NOTICE OF MEETING CHANGE - Notice is hereby provided that the Amador County Transportation Commission and the Amador Transit Board of Directors have changed the date and location of their regular February 15, 2012, meetings to February 22, 2012. Said meetings will be held at 6:00 p.m. at the Amador County General Services Administration Conference Room, 12200 Airport Road, Martell, California.
Amador County Administrative Committee Meeting
Date: 2/21/2012 9:00 AM
Location: Conference Room C, County Administration Center
810 Court Street Jackson, California 95642
1. Assessor’s Office: Review and possible recommendation relative to drafting a collective
response to the Stewardship Council regarding Property Tax Neutrality Methodology.
2. Assessor’s Office: Review and possible recommendation relative to a request to utilize
funds currently budgeted for the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) to pay for an individual
3. California State Association of Psychiatric Technicians: Review and possible
recommendation relative to consideration of support and implementation of “Laura’s
Law”, a state law that allows counties to implement court-ordered assisted outpatient
treatment programs for those with serious mental illnesses.
4. Administrative Agency: Review and possible recommendation relative to a request to
fill the following position within the subject office: Budget Analyst
5. Social Services Department: Review and possible recommendation relative to a request
to fill the following position within the subject office: Fiscal Officer
CITY OF SUTTER CREEK SEWER COMMITTEE -
Tues Feb 21 at 1PM
at Sutter Creek Community Center, 33 Church Street, Sutter Creek
ON THE AGENDA:
A. Approval of Minutes of December 5, 2011 Committee Meeting
- Meeting will be called to order at 1:00 p.m.
- PUBLIC MATTERS NOT ON THE AGENDA - Discussion items only, no action will be taken. Any person may address the Council at this time on any subject within the jurisdiction of the City Council. Please note: There is a five (5) minute time limit per speaker.
B. Approval of Minutes of January 17, 2012 Committee Meeting
- WASTEWATER PLANT UPDATE: Update from HydroScience Operators on wastewater plant and collections system operations
- MASTER PLAN UPDATE: Verbal update on the Master Plan Updates for Sutter Creek and ARSA
- CITY OF IONE UPDATE: Discussion
Cooking on a Budget !
Tuesday, Feb 21 2012
Join our delicious "Cooking on a Budget" classes with Taste's very own Chef James! They will be offered on 3 Tuesdays: Feb. 7th, 21st and 28th @ Amador High School Culinary kitchen. Classes are from 5:30 to 7:30pm. Cost is: Three classes for $40 (+ cost of food to be paid at time of class, **scholarship opportunities available). Only 15 spots available!
Class# 1: PASTA-- Spaghetti & meatballs; ravioli with butternut squash, brown butter & sage and homemade pasta with puglian Bolognese.
Class# 2 SOUPS-- Creamy tomato basil, beef barley, and clam chowder.
Class# 3 MEAT-- Meatloaf, roast chicken, and beef stew.
Classes offered by the Amador County Recreation Agency, for more info, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (209)223-6349.
City of Ione Council Meeting
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Ione City Hall
1 E. Main Street
Ione, CA 95640
Kickoff to Kindergarten - Pioneer
Tuesday, Feb 21 2012
Starting Kindergarten this year (Aug. 2012)? Are you and your child ready? You are invited to an evening at your New school! First 5 Amador and School District staff will answer questions and help you prepare for this big step! Review enrollment requirements, learn easy ways to help you child get ready for kindergarten, including the summer Bridge Program, take home a free book & activity kit, and ask teachers and principals questions. Offered at all Amador Elementary Schools, snacks and free child care! Sign- ups are not required, but please call ahead if child care is needed: 257-1092. Event is from 6pm to 7pm at your local school. For more info call: (209) 257-1092 or visit website.
AMADOR FLYFISHERS –
Tues Feb 21 at 6PM
in the Amador County Administration Center at 810 Court Street, Jackson.
Keith will provide a fly-tying demonstration beginning at 6:00pm, followed by our general meeting at 7:00pm and Keith's presentation "10 Essentials for Steelhead". Keith owns and operates "Angling On The Fly Travel" and is one of Sacramento's premier fly fishing guides for Trout, Steelhead, Striped Bass, and Shad on the Lower Yuba, Lower Feather, and Lower American Rivers. AFF meets the third Tuesday of each month to socialize with other flyfishers, share local fishing reports, and to support fishery conservation issues. Drop in and check us out - visitors welcome! (www.amadorflyfishers.org)
SUTTER CREEK CITY COUNCIL -
Tues Feb 21, 6:30 Closed Session/7:00 p.m. Regular Meeting
33 Church Street, Sutter Creek.
E-mail a comment for posting here...
Remember to include the title of the article for Your comment to be posted.
(-: All comments should be rated PG or they will not be posted ;-)